Crossdresser Shopping in a Store - Tips!!

Are you looking for our Free Girlie Audio MP3 collection? You will find it right here.

Moderators: ldwadmin, Ms Ally, Miss Molly

EmpressDelia

I think online shopping is great when you are cross dressing, but I think there also is SO much to be experienced through shopping in a store!

http://eroticaudios.com/content/Delia/S ... ngTips.mp3

I think these tips will help! Please let me know what makes your in store shopping experiences great!
CandiGurl

Call me crazy, but I never have shopped online. I went straight to the store. But, I love your tips for starting out. It would have helped me a lot. I usually said no thanks when they asked me if I wanted help, but that also would have helped. I think I wanted to avoid spending more, and I can see where I would have spent more in that situation.

Back story is nice if you worry about who might find out. They will still know, but they really don't care. It's more to set your own mind at ease. The money is what matters to them. There might be a little smile or smirk on her face, but guess what? She probably sees more people like you than you think.

Knowing your size is so true. There are size charts for conversion on sites like Lara's Playground. You probably still need to try things on because sizes can vary. That's been my experience.

The big thing for me when I went shopping was that I asked the first time if it was okay if I did that. It was a woman's clothing store. It was a pleasant experience. Eventually, I ended up at JC Penney and Sears.

What worked for me was giving women space and casually looking around other areas. If a woman was there and I was worried about making her uncomfortable, I simply moved away and came back later. Less chance of making women uncomfortable.

Don't play around here. If something catches your eye, pick it out. If you are buying, they aren't worried about it. That's been my experience. I did try things on. You can't try on panties though. I would use the men's changing booths, which are located in the men's section, of course.

You will be nervous going there dressed as a man buying women's clothing, but you can get past that. Just take it seriously, don't play around, accept help if offered and use the men's changing room.

But, I must say I love the tips given in this informative audio. If I were starting over and had these tips, I would have used them.
I'm working on the House Of Feminization blog that I hope can be of help to CD's/Sissies/T-Girls and women who want to understand them. This is just the beginning of a bigger project.
Dena

My advise would be "Don't think about it too much!" My experience has been when you are relaxed and friendly the SA's are also. When you are nervous they may wonder why, and that can make some of them nervous!

I also agree with Candi, I shop the same way (giving women space, and letting them look first).

It is easy to pretend you are buying a gift if you are nervous. I used to ask about returning an item early in the conversation "if she doesn't like it". So as to avoid the "who are you shopping for" question.
CandiGurl

The funny thing about nervousness. I don't remember being nervous when I first started shopping. Maybe walking in, but once I started shopping, that went away. Then it was about the hunt. I would lose track of time on some occasions. It's easy to do when you're having fun :)
I'm working on the House Of Feminization blog that I hope can be of help to CD's/Sissies/T-Girls and women who want to understand them. This is just the beginning of a bigger project.
EmpressDelia

CandiGurl wrote:Call me crazy, but I never have shopped online. I went straight to the store. But, I love your tips for starting out. It would have helped me a lot. I usually said no thanks when they asked me if I wanted help, but that also would have helped. I think I wanted to avoid spending more, and I can see where I would have spent more in that situation.

Back story is nice if you worry about who might find out. They will still know, but they really don't care. It's more to set your own mind at ease. The money is what matters to them. There might be a little smile or smirk on her face, but guess what? She probably sees more people like you than you think.

Knowing your size is so true. There are size charts for conversion on sites like Lara's Playground. You probably still need to try things on because sizes can vary. That's been my experience.

The big thing for me when I went shopping was that I asked the first time if it was okay if I did that. It was a woman's clothing store. It was a pleasant experience. Eventually, I ended up at JC Penney and Sears.

What worked for me was giving women space and casually looking around other areas. If a woman was there and I was worried about making her uncomfortable, I simply moved away and came back later. Less chance of making women uncomfortable.

Don't play around here. If something catches your eye, pick it out. If you are buying, they aren't worried about it. That's been my experience. I did try things on. You can't try on panties though. I would use the men's changing booths, which are located in the men's section, of course.

You will be nervous going there dressed as a man buying women's clothing, but you can get past that. Just take it seriously, don't play around, accept help if offered and use the men's changing room.

But, I must say I love the tips given in this informative audio. If I were starting over and had these tips, I would have used them.
LOVE these tips, CandiGurl!!

I couldn't have said it better myself! Love that you enjoy store shopping. SUre there are nerves, but those do go away with experience :)
EmpressDelia

Dena wrote:My advise would be "Don't think about it too much!" My experience has been when you are relaxed and friendly the SA's are also. When you are nervous they may wonder why, and that can make some of them nervous!

I also agree with Candi, I shop the same way (giving women space, and letting them look first).

It is easy to pretend you are buying a gift if you are nervous. I used to ask about returning an item early in the conversation "if she doesn't like it". So as to avoid the "who are you shopping for" question.
That is a great way to give the back story to avoid the question before it is asked! Great thought Dena!!
EmpressDelia

CandiGurl wrote:The funny thing about nervousness. I don't remember being nervous when I first started shopping. Maybe walking in, but once I started shopping, that went away. Then it was about the hunt. I would lose track of time on some occasions. It's easy to do when you're having fun :)

The HUNT!! Mmmm. Now that makes shopping sound even sexier!! Woot!
_Davina_

I like to look for stores with unisex changing rooms. Old Navy is one of my favorites. You can pile your arms with just about anything and head for the dressing room without suspicion. And even when they do catch you, It's all fun. If you smile and plan on spending some money, they'll go out of their way to make it a great experience for you.
'Just being able to dream it opens a whole new world of excitement'
CandiGurl

_Davina_ wrote:If you smile and plan on spending some money, they'll go out of their way to make it a great experience for you.
That is what I try to tell the shy sissies. The stores want to make money, and they don't care who buys the clothes. They just want to make a sale. Just go in there, be respectful and ready to spend. Once you've done it a few times, it's no big deal. Just built your wardrobe and have fun :)
MoniquetheMaid

I had a friend who wanted to buy some girl jeans, I told them to just take a few pairs of jeans in the mens' dressing room - take a man's pair on top, then a pair or two of ladies under. The people in the store just see 3 pairs of jeans, a man's on top, must be 3 mens'. The trick worked, they bought one of the ladies'.
susan9316

I have purchased many feminine items in stores. It is important to be respectful of the sales associates and other women shoppers. But i do not make any effort to hide that i am shopping for myself. Rather, when i am asked if i need any help i tell her that i am shopping for myself and tell her what i am looking for. It is helpful to know your size, but as Mistress Delia says sizes vary and i no longer want to buy something only to find when i get home that it does not fit or look good on me. Part of my own commitment to pursuing and embracing my feminization is to find opportunities to present myself in a more feminine manner whenever it is possible to do so. i am not actually trying to pass - only to more fully express myself as the sissy girl i want to be. When shopping i will typically wear at least one item of feminine clothes. The sales associates do notice but i find them to be very accepting and helpful. At Victoria's Secret the sales associates have brought me bras to try on while i am in the fitting room and then helped me find matching panties when i have made a choice. At Dress Barn the sales women have helped me with selections and even offered comments as i modeled different dresses. True the store was fairly empty but i been given personalize attention more than once. At The Loft i have waited on line with other women to try things on and always been treated well. And other occasions and places as well. The truth is, as others have said, they are there to sell things. You do need to actually buy something when a sales associate has gone to the trouble to help you. It can be a bit of a challenge to take the first step, to begin to understand the merchandise but is is well worth it. You get to feel your feminine self as you shop, You make better selections and end up with prettier outfits. For me it does help to affirm my and progress my feminization, making a commitment to celebrating, not hiding my girlie self.